Cravings sometimes hit you a few hours before you sleep and goes the same with various drinks and beverages that are so accessible in your kitchen. You may experience cravings if you are dealing with insomnia or any sleeping disorder, but if you are not sure if you do have a condition, any insomnia doctors in your area can definitely help you. But if you really wanted to easily knock out or flawlessly sleep your way into Dreamland, these are the drinks that you should take before bedtime.
Guzzle Any Of These For A Restful Sleep
If you wanted to improve your sleep and prevent yourself from having any sleeping problem, maybe you can start drinking any of these and be on your road to a good night’s sleep.
- The “old-school” warm milk is still one of the best remedies to anyone who wanted to easily drift off. Mothers and experts voted milk as an excellent booze because of its amino acid tryptophan, which is considered as a fully loaded carbohydrate. That’s one of the reasons why you feel stuffed after consuming a glass of warm milk because your system is already regulating hormones that prepare your body to naturally feel sleepy.
- If you wanted to step a bit to tradition, almond milk is your perfect alternative. With healthy serotonin that is circulating in the brain, it would be easier for your body to give in to sleep. Having the necessary serotonin content depends on the tryptophan level that you can only get from cow’s milk and almond milk. It is also believed that almond milk contains magnesium, which induces sleep in your system.
- If you’re looking for another option to milk, malted milk is another type you will also love. You can try Horlicks, Ovaltine or Carnation Malt Milk for a bit chocolatey twist taste, although some prefer to drink them cold it’s more beneficial when you take them warm. The malt milk drink is packed with Vitamin B, iron, zinc, phosphorus and magnesium – these elements are the right minerals that will induce a great, relaxing feeling during bedtime.
- Are you more of a tea person? Then you can add the Valerian Tea to your “before I hit the sack” regimen. For centuries, the Valerian root has been used in the medical field as a sedative and is as something that suppresses anxiety and stress replacing it will calmness and tranquility. Nowadays, this herb is being used as a treatment for insomnia and other sleep disorders. The only downside of this spirit is that you might see yourself taking naps once in a while because it might be a little obsessive.
Decaf Green Tea
- This herb is not just a weight loss drink and without caffeine in it, it can actually be a great “before bedtime” sleep-inducing pill in a warm mug. The theanine present in green tea is proven to reduce stress and boosts better sleeping habits. So if you are a certified green tea lover, you can chug the caffeinated one in the morning and the decaf just before your bedtime.
- Another traditional sleep-boosting drink just like milk. The chamomile herb has proven benefits for those dealing with sleeping problems such as insomnia. It’s a caffeine-free tea that gives your body a soothing and relaxing feeling. For better results, others pair this tea with other health supplements like vitamins rich in magnesium.
Herbal Tea combined with Lemon Balm
- If you wanted to try DIY-ing your own bedtime tea, you can use just about any herbal tea that is caffeine-free and mix it with lemon balm. Known for fighting stress, insomnia, and enhances sleep, the lemon balm or balm mint could just be your perfect teacup partner if you wanted to achieve a restful sleep.
- This is no longer a tea-based drink, but neither a dessert. This smoothie is just one of the sleep-boosting option that you can chug in before bedtime. All you have to do is blend in a small banana with almond butter and milk and voila! You’ve got a drift-off smoothie. This drink can also suppress your midnight cravings and is super packed with potassium and magnesium giving your muscles the right amount of minerals as it relaxes.
There are many ways for you to fall asleep as the day shuts off, but nothing beats a submissive way of drifting off with the help of these bedtime drinks. If you think you are one of the many that is battling to get a quality sleep, the insomnia clinics Germantown can help you professionally. And while you’re at it, make these beverages part of your “before I sleep” list and make it a habit your system will get used to.