Kitchen sinks can get very dirty and germ filled with the leftover food and drinks which need to be cleaned properly which you can do either by yourself or call over drain cleaning services. Here are a few tips for cleaning and disinfecting your sink;
Dirty Sink Needs To Be Scrubbed Off
You might have that myth in your mind that you clean your dishes with soap and warm water every day so your sink might not be dirty. Well, the flow of warm water and soap in your sink isn’t everything, in fact, food leftovers, soap deposits, water stains, food stains, and rust are all those things that are responsible for the dirt and germs making your sink nasty. These things need to be scrubbed off on a daily basis if you want to keep your sink germ and dirt free. For that purpose, you need:
- To make a mixture of dishwashing soap and warm water or buy a readymade cleaning spray.
- Squirt it in your sink and gently scrub it thoroughly to remove all the dirt and stains from your sink and make it shine like a brand new one.
- Easy Porcelain Clean Up
If you have a porcelain clean then this method would work for you like magic to bring back the sparkle of your porcelain. This is one of the simplest procedure for which you don’t need to hit up any drain cleaning contractors even if you haven’t cleaned it off properly for a month. You would need to:
- Place some towels in your sink making sure they cover the entire sink properly.
- Soak the towels in bleach and let sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Discard the towels and rink the sink with water.
- And voila! The glint to your porcelain sink is brought back. Avoid applying bleach directly to your colored porcelain sink as it would fade away the color.
Protect Your Sink
Some people might just replace their sink if it gets dirty and they don’t know how to clean it. Well, that’s just one dimwitted act anyone could do. If you follow the below-mentioned tips then your sink can stay like a new one for a long time to prevent drain clogging:
- Rinse off the vinegar, fruit or any acidic food as soon as it spills in the sink. Don’t let them rest for a long time as these can cause the staining or etching on the surface of the sink.
- Place a plastic perforated mat in the sink so that the surface of the sink stays protected from scratches and dirt.
- Use the cleaning spray mentioned above to clean your sink instead of scouring powders as they can dull the shine and leave etches on your sink.
- Sanitize the Sink Properly
Every time you clean dishes in your sink make sure you sanitize it correctly to eliminate all the possible dirt and germs sitting in your sink. This is very simple, and you can easily do it by:
- Fill the entire basin with water by plugging it in.
- Add in a little amount of bleach at least a tablespoon of it into the water.
- Cleanse the faucets and handles using a sponge and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Rinse the basin and let it dry.
- If you think you need to get your sink cleaned by some professional hands then take help from drain cleaning services for this.
Use a Toothbrush to Clean Difficult Areas
Toothbrushes are the best cleaning tools for some tiny gaps where dirt gets stuck and nothing can take it off, for example, your tap or the small gaps around it. The bristles would reach those grinds and clean off the dirt perfectly.
Call Drain Cleaning Services
If you have a major issue with your drains or sinks then you can hire a drain cleaning contractor to resolve the issue. Having things done by professionals would definitely not favor your wallet but would make your drains and sinks like a brand new one.
Drain cleaning contractors might help you in doing the cleaning but you would have to follow the aforementioned tips in order to maintain the newness and tidiness of your sinks.