If you are thinking of applying eyelash extension, the lingering question that you would be craving to ask is how long does the eyelash extension last. While it may be the most obvious question, its answer is still to be ascertained. You can never have a concrete answer to this question as it depends upon a number of factors.
While some may give you a time-frame between 6 to 9 weeks, others would tell you that it majorly depends upon the maintenance. The following are the factors upon which the life cycle of your eyelash extensions last:
- Your care: While most of the eyelashes are resistant to water, they should ideally be kept away from water as much as possible. Especially if the water has some other chemicals such as chlorine, you must try to avoid the eyelash coming in contact with the water. Certain other products containing oils also harm the bond of the eyelashes.
- The Products: The overall quality of the adhesive and the mascara used are also some of the significant factors in determining the life cycle of the eyelash extension. It is advised to avoid the waterproof mascaras as they result in the weakening of the bond of eyelashes. Also, the type of lash used is a major determinant of the life cycle of the eyelash. Buy professional brand products for this task.
- Process of applying: The key is to use a professional adhesive while applying the eyelashes. One of the other major factors in determining the life cycle of an eyelash is the process by which it is applied. If they are applied professionally according to the precise measurements, they will have a much better chance of living a long life.
- It is also important to keep in mind the fact that the natural eyelashes, over which the artificial lashes are being used, are shedding constantly. This makes it all the more important for the artificial eyelashes to be maintained properly so that they can maintain your natural look.
- While professionals would tell you that your eyelashes would surely last at least 2 months, you need to keep the above factors in your mind to make sure that your eyelashes have a long life.
There are other theories as well that might tell you that you can keep your artificial eyelashes indefinitely but the fact remains that with the shedding of your natural eyelashes, your artificial eyelashes would also need constant rebuffing.